As I saw a very pregnant woman walking down the street last week, clearly uncomfortable and carrying a bag of stuff that she needed to get through the day, it occurred to me that chemotherapy patients and pregnant women have a lot in common.
- You can feel nauseous throughout the day
- Your body undergoes significant physical changes
- You can retain fluids and your feet might swell
- You pee a lot
- You have to carry around a big bag of stuff to get through the day
- People are really nice to you (most of the time)
- There’s a happy outcome at the end