- The best way out is through
- The Firsts – Emotional Soup
- An Open Letter of Thanks to the BC Cancer Agency
- Just when you think it’s safe to go back in the water …
- 365 Days – and counting
- It’s not like there’s going to be a cake or anything …
- The Terrible Twos
- There and back again
- Embracing Fear
- When a Bad Hair Day is a Good Thing
- It’s the little things
- Shifting Gears – Treatment Mode to Recovery Mode
- It’s Been Nice Knowing You 2015 – Don’t Let the Door Hit You on the Way Out
- Everything’s Coming Up Hair Sprouts All Over!!!!!
- Two More Zaps to Go
- Radiation – Zaps with a Purpose
- Marks of Distinction – Radiation Tattoos
- Spunk Counts
- Chemotherapy Graduation Day
- Necessity is the mother of invention
- My Nutrition Regime has a Positive Effect on Blood Work – Yay!
- You Give Me Fever …
- Half-way Point Lessons Learned
- Chemo – Round 2
- How We Can Improve the Patient Experience
- I’m Shedding
- How is Chemotherapy Like Pregnancy?
- The Goldilocks Conundrum
- Chemo – Round 1
- Chemo Orientation
- There’s an App for that – NOT!
- Now it Feels Like Cancer – Chemo Makes it “Real”
- Post-Operation Guides – The Importance of Saying What You Mean
- Nuclear Poo, Tidy Bowl Pee & Smurf Boobs
- The Big Day – Really, it’s Day Surgery
- Bumped – or What do ORs and Airplane Seats Have in Common?
- Deja Vu – Wasn’t I Just Here in This Giant Metal Donut?
- Bags of Frozen Peas, not Diamonds, are a Girl’s Best Friend
- Better Out Than In – Surgery is Scheduled
- Who’s In Charge Here? Or, How Come I Have Cancer and I Haven’t Seen an Oncologist yet????
- Terms of Engagement
- Telling Family & Friends
- Let The Mind Games Begin
- Biopsies and Frozen Peas
- Why Do They Do So Many Freakin Tests?
- Nature Abhors a Vacuum – Research Sins
- From “oh, that feels different” to “Let’s get that checked”
Tag Archives: radiation
I am officially through my year of first anniversaries. My how time flies. What was really interesting about it all was how much more emotional I was looking back. Going through surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, I was so focued on … Continue reading
I’ve crossed a bunch of first anniversaries over the past six weeks. Getting my diagnosis, MRIs, surgery. A year ago I was just past my surgery and doing very well. I started physio treatments the day after surgery to recover … Continue reading
… said my best friend when I commented on the fact that today is the first anniversary of “the lump”. A year ago today my doctor referred me for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound after examining the lump I’d felt … Continue reading
It’s 30 days since my last radiation zap – time for a check in. I’m doing mostly ok. I say mostly because chemotherapy is the gift that keeps on giving. Sigh. It’s been three months – 90 days – since … Continue reading
Today is my penultimate radiation zap. 18 down, two to go. One this afternoon at 4pm, and my final zap at 9:30 am tomorrow. The end of my cancer treatment is less than 24 hours away. It’s been a helluva seven … Continue reading
I’m half way through my course of radiation treatments. As predicted, my breast is pink, as if I’d been in the sun all day and have a light sun burn. Radiation is even more of a mind game than chemo. … Continue reading